1881-1890_02.jpg

The Early Years

1881
Brothers August and Conrad Bauscher establish the "Gebrüder Bauscher Porzellan - Fabrik am Bahnhof Weiden (Bavaria)" as a dedicated factory for manufacturing porcelain tableware for the hotel industry. First batch of porcelain is produced with 70 workers and one kiln.

1882
Second kiln is installed. August Bauscher is awarded the Group VII medal for "work with clay" by the Bavarian Regional Art and Crafts Exhibition in Nuremberg. 

1887-1890
All North German Lloyd ships are supplied with Bauscher porcelain. 
Company changed from sole proprietorship to general commercial partnership. At this time the workforce amounts to 173.